Pump reliability and performance
Where to Use Vespel® CR-6100
- Boiler feed
- Gas oil
- Sour water
- Sulfuric acid
- Hydrofluoric acid
- Lube oil
Pump reliability and performance are significantly improved
- Because Vespel CR-6100 is nonmetallic, has a low coefficient of friction, and excellent dimensional stability, it can withstand short duration off-design conditions such as start-up, slow-rolling, low-flow, cavitation, or run-dry situations. The pump remains available for service, resulting in potentially lower repair cost.
- With these characteristics, clearance at wear components can be reduced. This results in efficiency gains which lead to significant operating cost reductions, particularly when applied to populations of pumps.
- Pumps with reduced clearance also exhibit lower vibration levels and reduced cavitation. Seals and bearings last longer, and MTBR increases.
- DuPont™ Vespel® CR-6100 is used for I.D.-mounted (in compression) wear components in nearly all centrifugal pump types in non-abrasive process services up to 500°F (260°C).
- The durability of Vespel® CR-6100 aids installation and machining, and stays tough during operation.
Fluid Seals is the Australian Distributor of DuPont™ Vespel®, Kalrez® High Performance Elastomers and Krytox® High Performance Lubricants.