Dependable even in the harsh conditions of space
Krytox® was first used for the Apollo space program as a highly reliable, low friction lubricant on Spacesuits and the Lunar Rover’s traction motors. (Photo: wikipedia)
Ideal for the Vacuum industries, DuPont Krytox® vacuum pump fluids (VPF) and low vapor pressure (LVP) high-vacuum greases offer superior performance over hydrocarbon, silicone and CFC based lubricants.
Why use Krytox® vacuum pump fluids and LVP high vacuum grease?
- Chemically inert and is non-reactive in high oxygen environments
- Offers high performance in extreme temperature and pressure environments
- Will not decompose or react to form gummy or solid deposits and retains effective lubrication capability at temperature extremes ranging from -15° to 300°C.
- Non-flammable and will not ignite, explode or support combustion, even in a 100% liquid or gaseous oxygen environment.
- Low vapour pressure for optimum vacuum performance
We recommend Krytox 1525 as an industrial grade, general purpose Vacuum Pump Fluid.